Select manuscript from this collection: XX/48 Nr. 15  XX/48 Nr. 15 XX/48 Nr. 20  XX/48 Nr. 9  1/8

Cartulary – Fragment

Parchment · 1 bifolium (trimmed) · 701 – 898 CE · 270 x 320 mm
F-1gky
Müstair, Benediktinerinnenkloster St. Johann, XX/48 Nr. 15
Image Rights:
How to quote:
Scholarly descriptions:
  • Albert Bruckner, Scriptoria Medii Aevi Helvetica 1, Schreibschulen der Diözese Chur, Genf 1935.
    Show description
  
Social Tags
Century:
Text Language:
Places:
Provenance: Switzerland
Summary:

Fragment of a cartulary written around 800. Copies, in part complete, of six deeds of donation have survived. With these, several persons donated - for the salvation of their own soul or for that of relatives - pieces of land to the churches St. Hilarius in Chur and St. Carpophorus in Trimmis. The fact that the two churches St. Hilarius in Chur and St. Carpophorus in Trimmis are named as beneficiaries of the donations suggests that this fragment was part of an episcopal cartulary.

External Resources:

User Register

The User Register shows who is currently consulting or working or has been consulting or working with this document.

Loading...