Sab. Sancto 007509a and Dom. Resurrectionis 005352, 008455a and b
Book Decoration and Musical Notation
- Text Language latin
- Title Sab. Sancto 007509a and Dom. Resurrectionis 005352, 008455a and b
Fragment: comes from a liturgical manuscript (Antiphonary?) of the 14th-15th century with "Hufnagelnotation" (german plainsong notation) and red-blue rubrics:
- front cover: Dom. Resurrectionis, 005352: Venite et videte ubi positus erat Dominus Alleluia.
- front pastedown: Dom. Resurrectionis, 008455a: [J]hesum Nazare[num crucifixum o] celicole.
- back cover + spine: Dom. Resurrectionis, 008455b: Non est hic surrexit sicut p[raedixe]rat. Ite nuntiate quia sur[rexit de] sepulchro. Venite et videte...
- inside of the back cover: Sab. Sancto, 007509a: [Ante cujus conspectum mor]s fugit ad cujus [vocem mortui resu]rgunt videntes...
This manuscript, probably from a nuns’ convent in St. Gall, contains a cycle of prayers and meditations through the liturgical year, beginning with Advent and on through Christmas, Easter, Pentecost to the Assumption of Mary. The visions of the Nativity of Jesus of Saint Bridget of Sweden and a rosary, among others, are interspersed. This codex is written by a single hand which, along with others, can also be found in the sister manuscript Cod. Sang. 510.
Description on e-codices.