Sab. Sancto 007509a and Dom. Resurrectionis 005352, 008455a and b
St. Gallen, Stiftsbibliothek St. Gallen, Cod. Sang. 509
Sandy Maillard, Fragmentarium, 2018
Title: Sab. Sancto 007509a and Dom. Resurrectionis 005352, 008455a and b
Former Shelfmarks: Cod. Sang. 509
Dimensions (Page Height): at least 145 mm
Dimensions (Page Width): at least 152 mm
Height of Written Area: at least 132 mm
Width of Written Area: at least 112 mm
Number of Lines: at least 4
Number of Columns: 1
Width of Columns: at least 112 mm
Line Height: 36 – 37 mm
Dimensions: 145 x 152 mm
- Text Language: latin
- Title: Sab. Sancto 007509a and Dom. Resurrectionis 005352, 008455a and b
Fragment: comes from a liturgical manuscript (Antiphonary?) of the 14th-15th century with "Hufnagelnotation" (german plainsong notation) and red-blue rubrics:
- front cover: Dom. Resurrectionis, 005352: Venite et videte ubi positus erat Dominus Alleluia.
- front pastedown: Dom. Resurrectionis, 008455a: [J]hesum Nazare[num crucifixum o] celicole.
- back cover + spine: Dom. Resurrectionis, 008455b: Non est hic surrexit sicut p[raedixe]rat. Ite nuntiate quia sur[rexit de] sepulchro. Venite et videte...
- inside of the back cover: Sab. Sancto, 007509a: [Ante cujus conspectum mor]s fugit ad cujus [vocem mortui resu]rgunt videntes...
- Musical Notation: German plainsong notation (Hufnagelnotation)
Title: Spiritual Marian breviary: Prayers and meditations in German for the liturgical year
Date of Origin/Publication: second half of the 15th/ first half of the 16th century
Place of Origin/Publication: probably St. Gall
Shelfmark: Cod. Sang. 509
This manuscript, probably from a nuns’ convent in St. Gall, contains a cycle of prayers and meditations through the liturgical year, beginning with Advent and on through Christmas, Easter, Pentecost to the Assumption of Mary. The visions of the Nativity of Jesus of Saint Bridget of Sweden and a rosary, among others, are interspersed. This codex is written by a single hand which, along with others, can also be found in the sister manuscript Cod. Sang. 510.
Description on e-codices.