The two pieces from two bifolia contain a part of Alexander de Villa Dei’s Doctrinale with Gippus’ commentary. The original codex was written in the first half of the 14th century. The fragments became part of a binding in the Benedictine Monastery of Zweifalten. The bookbinding workshop mostly utilized locally used codices for binding, therefore the former codex containing the Doctrinale had probably been used in the monastery before its leaves were cut up and recycled.
Fanni Hende, HAS-NSZL Res Libraria Hungariae Research Group, ELRN, 2021 → Show description
Online Since 08/05/2021
Alexander de Villa Dei, Doctrinale cum commentario
Parchment · Two pieces from two bifolia · 1301 – 1350 CE · Germany · 80×305 mm
Budapest, Magyar Tudományos Akadémia Könyvtár és Információs Központ, T 259